1. I am thankful for my best friend. She is my rock and the only person that keeps me sane when times are tough. I truly believe that God put us in each other's lives when He did for a very important reason, because we have both been through the toughest times in our lives and wouldn't be able to get through them without each other. I truly believe that I wouldn't be able to be a responsible person in life without her support.
2. I am thankful for another very important person in my life who has been there for me off and on for many years now and has always treated me well and helped me build my confidence from the ground up. This person is genuinely a good-hearted person who picked up the pieces for me after my dad died and let me cry on his shoulder when all I thought I wanted to do was stay strong. This person has been there any and every time I have felt like I hit rock bottom, and for that I am thankful.
3. I am thankful for my family, who has always been supportive no matter what I have done in life. They have always been there for me and we have all surrounded each other through some pretty difficult times. If it weren't for my family, I don't know where I would be today, but I know for a fact that I would not be in a happy place if it weren't for my family. I love each and every one of them with all my heart. I know I can count on them.
4. I am thankful for my education and my career and all the opportunities both have provided for me. If it weren't for my education, I wouldn't have my career, and if it weren't for my career, I wouldn't feel the fulfillment and satisfaction of knowing I have improved the lives of other people. I absolutely love my job. It does have it's ups and downs, but I love coming home at the end of the day knowing that I have helped other people and made their lives better. Nothing is more rewarding than getting paid to help others.
5. I am thankful for a roof over my head and food to eat. There are so many people out there who are suffering more than I am. I am thankful to be warm tonight and to have a place to feel safe and secure.
These are just a few of the things that I am thankful for. I know it's not a long list, but these are the things that are important to me. It hasn't been easy, thinking of things to be thankful for after a year that has been so hard. There have been plenty of times this year that I have felt like everything is falling apart. But know in my heart, that with these things that I am thankful for, I will make it and I will be ok.