Saturday, October 29, 2011

here I am again, kickin' dust in the canyon wind.

I'm still alive! I haven't even been that busy, I suppose that's why I feel I have nothing very news-worthy to say. Current events in my life are very boring. But here's a quick run-down of the most exciting things that have happened to me within the past few weeks:

  • Walked/Ran and completed the Columbus half-marathon a couple of weekends ago. I actually thought it was more fun this year than last, even though I wasn't expecting it to be. I was a little bummed that my mom couldn't walk it with me this year, but she did go and show her support. We had a lot of fun and stayed in a really nice hotel and ate really good food the night before the race.
  • I've lost 5 pounds since summer and I'm not really sure how or why, but I am certainly not complaining and as long as I can maintain this weight that I am at right now, I'm happy because all of my clothes fit.
  • I finally got a raise at work. It wasn't anything to brag about, but it was still a raise and I am very happy and excited about it.
  • I have currently budgeted to have a hot tub and patio by next year at this time. I have stayed on track with my savings and I am very happy to say that I will be making this happen within 12 months from now. I know it's not a pool, but a hot tub can be used all year round and does wonders for weary people like me who have back pain every day.
  • I'm going to Wisconsin to see my brother in a couple of weeks. I'm pretty excited to see him and his family. I haven't seen them since Labor day and that's been far too long. It's going to be a quick trip, but I'm excited to go.
  • I do have to work this year on Christmas Eve, which is a real bummer since I will probably end up working late that day. We are always really busy on Christmas Eve. On the plus side, since I'm working Christmas Eve, I will be getting a long weekend over New Years. I haven't yet decided what I'm going to do with my 4 days off, but I haven't ruled out a mini-vacation of some sort. It will be the pre-vacation to my Mexico vacation.
That's pretty much it. Pretty boring, I know. I have been entirely too lazy the past few weeks. All I do is go to work and come home and go to bed. It's pathetic. I am behind on so many things that I need to catch up on. So I guess I will go get started on some cleaning and then hopefully accomplish something else productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment