Sunday, November 8, 2009

Another week, another dollar (spent)

Is another weekend almost already over? It's tough to see the weekend end when it's 70 and sunny outside! It's also tough not knowing if I am going to be required to go to a seminar next weekend that St. Luke's is having on Saturday and Sunday from 8-5 both days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I do not have to go, but if my CI thinks that I need to be there, then I will have to go, meaning that I will end up working Monday thru Friday, sitting at an all day seminar on Saturday and Sunday, and then working the next Monday thru Friday. Boo that...especially knowing that we are double-booked all day tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I like being busy and having the day go by super-fast, but I am not a big fan of busting my butt all week only to have to sit at a seminar all weekend long.

In other news, I'm contemplating going to a seminar in Orlando from January 7-10. The seminar is actually on January 8 and 9, but I would probably go on the 7th and come home on the 10th, if I go. It's at the Hilton Orlando and it's for continuing credits for my CSCS. I could use the credits, and the price is reduced drastically for student members of the NSCA (which I am currently a student member and obviously won't be a student member after May 2010). I only have until 2011 to get all my CEUs in and since I'm on "Christmas break" until January 11, I'm thinking of going to the seminar, especially after I went on expedia.com and saw that roundtrip flights from Detroit to Orlando are only $120 for that time. I haven't decided for sure yet, but I might sign up. I have until Nov. 14th to decide and get the discounted rate, so I need to make up my mind soon.

Not much else is going on, I spent the day today laying around with all the windows open enjoying the warm weather! I even went outside and went for a short run! It was nice. It's too bad these sunny days aren't going to continue. It looks like tomorrow is going to be nice like today, and then the highs are only in the 50s for the rest of the week. Oh well...you can't ask for much better in the middle of November! Speaking of the middle of November, I am just about ready to put up my Christmas tree and decorations! I'm telling myself that I will at least wait until next weekend to start, but it's going to be tough. I'm ready for the radio stations to start playing Christmas music!

No comments:

Post a Comment