Monday, November 2, 2009

Can't complain

After all that craziness last week and worrying about my clinical, today went really well. My CI came in this morning and told me that he realized that he was overwhelming me with tons of information at once and that I should just focus on what I already know. He said he is going to let me get more involved with treating the patients with techniques I already know and then he is going to just show me some of his techniques that I don't already know. He is going to let me do evals by myself and pretty much let me do my own thing and then he's going to step in when necessary to help out and do added manual therapy techniques that I haven't learned. It was such a huge relief. Today went extremely well and I felt so much better about the clinical as a whole. He told me today that I was "for sure going to pass" and not to worry about it, so I won't. I am a little bummed that I have to go in early Wednesday morning for a meeting, but I got to leave 15 minutes early today, so I won't complain too much. In all honestly, as much as I complained about my clinical in the last post, I can already tell that outpatient orthopedics is definitely what I want to do. I don't dread my work-day every morning and I love being there and getting to know the patients. Most of them are super friendly and nice. Now that I am on the same page with my CI, I think this clinical is going to go by super fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment