Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Stress!

You want to talk about stress? I just found out a couple of hours ago that my brother's house (that I am living in) has been sold (approximately 3 weeks after I moved into it). Not only did it sell, but I have to be out by December 10. Yep, that's a little stressful. I am so happy for him that it sold, don't get me wrong. I know he has had it for sale for a long time now and has put a lot of money into it in an attempt to get it sold. But now I just moved in and have to turn around and move back out in a couple of weeks! It's a little stressful to have to find a place in that short amount of time. Luckily I am pretty much over the flu and can somewhat think clearly, because I am going to have to be making decisions FAST.

My plan right now is to just go ahead and move back to Fayette. I know it will be a longer drive to and from my clinicals, but my plan all along was to move back there after graduation and find a job close to home. I am getting pretty sick of moving, so I just want to do one final last move and be done with it. Plus, I have a pretty good lead on a nice apartment in Fayette that I think I could get for a pretty decent price and it sounds like I could move into it fairly quickly. I really don't have the time to tour around apartments in Toledo and find a new place. I have already seen this apartment in Fayette and pretty much know what I would be getting into. I should find out tomorrow if that one is going to work out and if I can get a decent price for rent on it.

Now I'm left with the totally awkward situation of asking people to help me move again. I feel horrible doing that. I know it's the last thing anybody wants to do with their day off / weekends. I feel like crap saying, "oh can you bring your truck and trailer and help me get all my crap moved all over again?" especially since my couch and bed have to be totally taken apart in order to be moved.

I am also left with the stress of canceling my tv and internet service less than a month after I had it installed. My brother has been nice enough to tell me that he will help me cover the cost of canceling it, but it's just stressful to try to figure out how I can get that all taken care of in such a short amount of time.

At this point, I just have to step back and tell myself that there are people in the world who have it worse than I do and I should just stop complaining. I can only pray that my family members are willing to help me out YET AGAIN to get my stuff moved out of here and into another new place. I hate being a burden to them. It makes me feel so worthless. Ugh.

But, on the plus side, my brother sold his house and he doesn't have to worry about making two mortgage payments at once, along with all the other bills he has had to pay to try to get this place sold. It will be nice for him to at least be rid of the stress of this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment