Sunday, November 22, 2009

Last post for a while

Well, yet again, this will probably be one of my last posts for a while. If all goes as planned, I'll be moving into my new apartment on Thursday and again, no internet for a while....Blah. I still have not called and cancelled what I have here. I'm scared to, because I don't even want to know what they're going to charge me to cancel it.

I still don't have a key to get into my new apartment, but I'm supposed to be getting one tomorrow (if they drop it off at the dr's office for my mom). With any luck (and I could REALLY use some), I should be able to start moving some smaller stuff Tuesday evening and the plan is to get all moved in officially on Thursday afternoon. Hectic craziness...that's all I can say. I've spent all morning this morning packing things up and getting everything organized and talking to people on the phone to get everything ready.

I am SUPER jealous of all of the people in my class who have both Thursday and Friday off this week, which is pretty much everyone except me. My CI tried telling me that we were going to be working on Thursday, and I told him that I was supposed to have that day off as a school holiday and he was like, "well this isn't school anymore." I was pretty much ready to flip out and tell him that even if that clinic was for some ridiculous reason open on Thursday when no patients would even want to schedule appointments anyway, there was no way on earth that I was going to be coming in and I was pretty much ready to notify my clinical coordinator that it was NOT GONNA HAPPEN. But then my CI checked the schedule and was "surprised" to see that we are in fact closed on Thursday. Well duh...what kind of outpatient clinic would even want to pay its employees to be there on a day when it's pretty much guaranteed that no patients would even show up. Ugh. But I do have to go in on Friday. I'm not thrilled at all, but at least I get the actual holiday off.

So tomorrow is going to be another stressful day. I have to call in the morning to verify that they're turning my electricity on, work all day, come home and keep packing, and call to cancel my current internet/tv/phone service. After I get moved, I'll be going to my mom's to use the internet, but I probably won't take the time to update everyone on all the excitement in my life until I actually get the internet of my own, which will be.....who knows when because Time Warner SUCKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment