Friday, November 12, 2010

Cheese-Heading it

Who is so dedicated to her running goals that she's willing to drive 7 hours one way to pick up a treadmill? This girl! And who is also so dedicated to her running goals that she could barely walk at work today? That's right, this girl again!

Tomorrow morning, I'm leaving for Wisconsin to pick up a treadmill that my dad has in storage at my brother's place. My mom is riding along, because a) she is too scared to let her little baby drive all the way to Wisconsin alone and b) she will never refuse the opportunity to see Wyatt (my nephew, her grandson). If all goes well, the treadmill will easily fit in the back of my Escape (the seats fold down) and we will have a good time visiting, even if it is going to be a short visit.

Last night, I shockingly got out of work in time to get home and get a run in before it got dark outside. I don't know what's going wrong, but lately it's my hip that has been bothering me, which causes my knee to hurt, and it even hurts down into my ankle. I think it's my IT band that's the culprit, but either way, I was in a lot of pain mid-run last night and in even more pain at work today. I better get these issues figured out, because I am not going to let any aches and pains slow me down. I refuse to feel old.

No comments:

Post a Comment