Monday, November 15, 2010

Running on empty

Well, we made it home from Green Bay safe and sound with the treadmill in tow. Before we left, my mom claimed that my brother told her it was 48 inches long, meaning that it would fit perfectly in the back of my vehicle (which allows 64 inches). When we get there, I stood next to the treadmill and it's almost as tall as I am (68 inches). So either my brother isn't very good at using a tape measure or my mom has a very sneaky way of getting me to drive 7 hours to Green Bay! Luckily, we found a way to get the treadmill in the back of the car (but not without pushing the passenger seat up really far so my mom had miniscule leg room!) and we had a great weekend all around. See my facebook page for pictures!

So now that I have a treadmill set up at home, I have no excuses for not using it daily and meeting my running goals. My biggest obstacle right now has been my hip/knee pain and the fact that it gets dark so soon after I get out of work. Now I have a solution for the lack of sunlight. I just need to find a way to get rid of this nasty knee and hip pain. I'm looking for a good yoga DVD to do a couple of times a week and hopefully that will help. I'm also going to do a lot more stretching both before and after running and hope that helps also. Wish me luck!

In the meantime, it's time for me to go to bed. All that driving is super tiring..

No comments:

Post a Comment