Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowpocalypse 2011

Today I chose to stay home from work and play it safe. We are only under a Level 2 snow emergency, so maybe I'm a wuss, but I don't care. I'm not going to take the risk. I can't even get out of my driveway anyway. The snow is piled up at the end from the snow plow and it's so full of heavy ice that I can't get it dug out with my snow shovel. Plus, the snow is continuing to fall, making things worse. So even if I am the only one from the therapy department who didn't make it in today, oh well. I'm not going to total my car and I'm not going to risk hurting myself. I have student loans to pay and it's pretty hard to pay them if you hurt yourself and can't work. If I get fired for not showing up, I can always find another job. I'm home safe for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment