Monday, January 31, 2011

Snow Days

So after going to school for 7+ years, I work at a job that requires me to come to work when it is not safe to be on the roads due to bad weather. I am less than thrilled about this. Apparently Physical Therapists are considered "emergency personnel" and can drive to work during a Level 3 snow emergency. We're just supposed to show our name badge and we won't get arrested. HA! I don't think so.... Guess who is absolutely NOT driving in to work if there is a level 3 emergency. I did overhear my boss telling 2 of my coworkers today that they would "make do" if some of the therapists had to call off. Well guess what, they're just going to have to "make do" without me if it's that bad, because I refuse. I'm not risking my life. And I'm not staying the night there just because I am single and don't have any kids. There are only 2 conditions in which I am willing to spend the night in Montpelier tomorrow night, either:

a) I get to take Friday off work without having to use any benefit time and receive full pay for it

or

b) The hospital pays for my accomodations at the Ramada Inn

Otherwise, I am coming home... and on Wednesday morning, if it's bad, I might just back out my driveway directly into the pile of snow that the snow plow piles up and get "stuck" and have to call in. I'm sorry, but therapy is not life or death. Nursing staff is necessary at the hospital and so is a doctor for the ER. But therapy is not. I will stay home and snuggle with my cat...who I love just as much as a child.

It will definitely be interesting to see how this week pans out. I wonder if I'll get fired for not going in or staying the night there? At this point, I don't even care. I kind of enjoy the activity of living and I think I will keep on doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment