Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year, New Start

Well 2010 definitely had it's ups and downs, but 2011 is a new year. I have a lot of plans and goals, not necessarily resolutions, but I have a few positive changes that I'd like to put in action.

As with every new year, I'm going to try to eat better and get in better shape. This year I want to run a 1/2 marathon. Eventually I would love to run a full one, but I'm not sure yet if I can accomplish that this year or not. So my main goal is the 1/2.

I'd also like to maintain a positive attitude toward life, in every aspect. I need to be more gracious and more thankful for all of the things that have worked out for me in this lifetime. It hasn't been perfect, but I have been very blessed. As much as I complain about being stressed to the max, I really need to step back and be more thankful that I have something like work to be stressed out about. There are so many who can't even find a job right now and here I am doing what I love with the best group of people I could imagine working with.

I'm going to try to stop being so selfish. I have a tendency to think that all of my free time should belong to ME and I should be able to do whatever I want whenever I want to do it. I need to make time for other people and enjoy the company of others, rather than spend all my time laying on the couch vegging out every free minute of the day.

2011 should be a good year. I'm looking forward to it and I'm going to make the most of it :)

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment