Sunday, February 21, 2010

Stop complaining

I'm currently still working on trying to get the motivation to work on my inservice presentation that I am giving on Tuesday. I'm giving it with another girl from my class, who is also on a clinical at Wildwood with a different instructor, and although it seems like this would be to my benefit, it is actually making it more difficult because we really have to coordinate how we are going to present this thing and she lives about 2 hours away from me. Awesome. We are talking about two different topics, but they are part of the same overall theory so I think it would be to our benefit to have our presentations be somewhat similar, however, I have no idea what her presentation is going to be like because she didn't have any of it prepared on Friday for us to go over. So I am basically just doing the best I can with mine and forgetting it. The sucky part is, I will probably actually get a worse grade on it because part of it involves putting together a brochure and her husband just happens to be a graphic designer who can help her with hers. I don't have any graphic designers in my life, so mine just looks pretty dull at the moment and I am trying to come up with ways to "spruce it up." I can't wait until this presentation is over and done with.

In non-physical therapy related news, I will probably be updating more often because of what I gave up for Lent. We are not supposed to brag about what we gave up, so I won't say, but if I can actually stick to what I have given up, I will have a lot of extra free time and will probably be going stir-crazy enough to update this blog almost every single day. I thought about giving up "complaining" but I'm not sure if I have the inner strength to try that one yet. Maybe next year. Our Pastor said we could have the thing we gave up on Sundays, but even at that, I don't think I could save all my complaining for Sundays, haha.

We had a couple of guys come to our church this morning to perform special music for us and speak to us. They did a really great job. It was pretty emotional actually. They spoke a lot about some things that really hit close to home...about losing loved ones and keeping your faith that you will be able to see them again someday. It made me miss my grandma and grandpa Ziegler and my aunt Linda a lot, but it also made me feel better because I know they are in a better place and someday we will all be together again. I know it probably sounds kind of cheesy, but I think about this a lot. Sometimes the only thing that gets me through my day is telling myself that I was put on this earth to help other people and make my grandparents and my aunt proud of me, even if they are not here on this earth to see it, I know they still see it. They are my inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment