Monday, September 13, 2010

Let me re-state my intentions

Well, I guess I'm a liar. I didn't just sit around and do nothing/relax all day today. I went and bought a car instead. I've actually been looking at this car for about a week now. Well, actually I went to the dealership to look at a different car that I had seen on their website and got there to find out that THAT particular car had been sold (wasn't meant to be). After looking around the dealership at the other cars, I became interested in this one and ended up going back and buying it today. It may have been a bit of an impulsive decision, but I really do think that I got a good deal...However...it is the same make and model of car that my mom just bought this year too, so now we're twinkies, except for the fact that mine is a different color and the wheel caps are different. But I cleared it with her first and made sure she wouldn't care that we'd be twinkies :) I have always wanted an SUV and never had one, now I do! The only thing that I don't like about it is that I've been trying to air it out all day, because the new car smell gives me a headache. Always has, always will. I know most people think that smell is soooo great, but to me, it's just like being near someone who has put on too much perfume. So I've had the windows down in my car most of the afternoon and I think it's ok now. I should make it to work tomorrow without having to hold my breath the whole way there.

So now, I am on a strict budget. I've made all the big purchases that I have been wanting to make and now I'm settled down. It's time to start saving and stop spending and giving to others instead of giving to myself. I am not needing anything. I shouldn't really even want anything that I don't already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment