Sunday, September 12, 2010

Relaxation

Well, the regular weekend is over, but MY weekend is not. This is my long weekend, so I get to enjoy the day off tomorrow :) It's bitter-sweet, seeing as how I have to work this coming Saturday, but I'll still enjoy the extra day off anyway. This weekend has been decent for the most part, I really can't complain. I went on a very successful shopping trip to Franklin Park yesterday. It was some much-needed retail therapy for sure. Plus, I got to eat at the Elephant Bar, which I have never been to. I highly recommend it. It's not quite as good as P.F. Chang's, but pretty darn close.

Today I spent the morning at church. It was the kick-off Sunday for our Sunday school kids. We had breakfast and games this morning. The regular church service was a little hard, as we are continuing to pray for Kellen and his family. However, it is so uplifting to see our church so full on Sunday mornings. It has gotten to the point that it's sometimes hard to find a place to sit in the pews! What a blessing! Even though there is so much sadness in our community right now, we still have to look around us and see the blessings. Our Pastor has done so much to turn our church into what it is today. It's so amazing to see such a big congregation every Sunday.

After church today, I actually got some cleaning done around the house and watched some heartbreaking football games. I can see that all of my NFL teams are going to let me down this season. The Colts and Lions both lost. The Cardinals BARELY beat the Rams (of all teams). At least Green Bay won, but seriously...this might be a tough season to get through. On the plus side, my NCAA team is starting off positively. Michigan beat Notre Dame yesterday :) And..and I was even cheering for the Ohio State Buckeyes yesterday (for the first time ever) since Kellen was at the game and the Buckeyes pulled off the big win.

My plan for tomorrow - relax, take it easy, don't stress. Enjoy the time off. Sit outside and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment