Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sometimes life just isn't fair

This has been an all around tough week. I'm generally not the type of person who gets emotional about a lot of things, but my mind is kind of reeling this week. Kellen will be greatly missed. He was such an inspiration and truly an all around hero to our community. I can't even imagine what his family is going through right now and will likely continue to go through for the rest of their lives. I don't think this is something that you ever really recover from emotionally. Maybe the days eventually get easier, but I don't suppose they ever really get "easy." My heart breaks for them. Sometimes life just isn't fair.

I also found out this week (well today actually) that my mentor, friend, and former clinical instructor is quitting and taking a job elsewhere in the next 2 weeks. His last day at work is a week from Friday. He is a great therapist and I really do wish him well at his new job, but it's going to be hard to see him go. We will all miss having him around. Not only is he a lot of fun to work with and great at what he does, but now we will be short-handed yet again at work and the stress level is going to go up about 110%. I really do love my job, but I have a feeling the next few months are going to be rough. I know that in the grand scheme of things, this is probably something petty to be complaining about, but I can't help but feel too emotionally drained to handle much more bad news.

No comments:

Post a Comment