Monday, October 5, 2009

Being busy might not bring out the best in me.

Well, as most already know, today is my birthday...I am officially going to be 27 years old in about an hour. I wish I could say that I did something fun and exciting, but this morning I worked on a project, then I went to class, now I am home and feeling like I should be working on more projects. I did order a medium pizza all to myself and stopped at Circle K for some celebratory beverages, unfortunately, I probably won't drink them because I decided to try "Bud Light Golden Wheat," which would taste better if it actually tasted like golden wheat...instead of oranges. I do plan on watching the Packers vs. Vikings game tonight, but I am pretty torn on who I want to win. I like Brett Favre, but I can't help but root for the Packers since my brother and his family live so close to their stadium. In the end, I'll probably root for the Packers, just because they're the underdog.

In other news, I'm trying to decide if I am a "mean" person or not. I don't think that I am. I think that I've gotten a lot better actually, but recent events have got me thinking - Have I really become a nicer person? or am I just pretending? I really don't know the answer....With all of the school stress that has gotten me so worked up lately, I've still made a conscious effort to be nice to the instructor in question. I don't know if it's getting me anywhere, but I feel like it couldn't hurt to just suck it up and get all the schoolwork over with.

But what I'm really talking about is the whole "dating situation" that I talked about a couple of weeks ago. I had gone out on a date with a guy from a nearby town and had been over to his house once afterward to watch a football game, but the whole time, I was sitting there thinking, "I'm really just not that into this." I felt that this guy deserved a chance, because there is really truly nothing wrong with him. I'm just not that into him. I thought maybe if I went out on a couple of dates with him, I could force myself into being more excited about it, but I couldn't do it. Then....I got bombarded with all the schoolwork. I explained to him that I wasn't going to be able to see him for a couple of weeks. He said he understood (which was nice), but then he just kept texting me and basically asking me if I was sure I was busy. Well, the really impatient part of me came out and I finally told him today that I'm just not ready for a relationship and that I think it would be best if we stayed friends. I'm hoping that isn't mean, because I did make an effort to be very nice about it. But in all honesty, I was very suffocated in my last relationship, and even though it was a year ago, I just can not handle being with someone who wants to take up all my free time. I suppose that is pretty selfish, but right now, I just need to concentrate on finishing school and finding a job. I'd like to find a job around here, but who knows if I really will be able to? And how unfair would it be for me to start a relationship with someone only to find out that I am taking a job 200 miles away? So...you can call me "mean," but I broke it off.

And just to point out how "sure" I am that I'm busy, here's the rest of this week's schedule:

Tuesday: finish the final draft of my business plan in the am, class till 6:30, then work on my final project
Wednesday: work on my final project and study for a final exam...and my scholarly project poster is due this day also (which I still need to format)
Thursday: final exam then home to work on my final project
Friday: final project due by 5pm
Saturday: work at the Habitat for Humanity house 8am to 4pm, my cousin's b-day party at 5, and then I got signed up for a "competition" at Buckboard at 11pm
Sunday: I just found out that my brother, his fiance, and my nephew are coming home this weekend, so I will be spending all day Sunday with them!
Monday: meetings all day with our program director and my scholarly project advisor
Tuesday: scholarly project presentations and finally DONE!!!

1 comment:

  1. You had a birthday and I missed it. :( Belated happy birthday then! :) From reading your blog you certainly sound busy to me. More than busy, swamped. There will be time for a relationship later, it is good to stay focused on getting school done I think. As far as the game goes, I have been playing fantasy football so I go for or against individual players. This week it was thumbs down for Aaron Rogers and Bernard Berrian and thumbs up for Ryan Longwell (Minn kicker). It is turning out to be kinda fun.

    ReplyDelete