Thursday, October 8, 2009

PT classes = done!

Goodbye forever PT school / grad school classes!!!! Goodbye exams! Goodbye lectures! I should probably not be so excited about this, considering the fact that I now have to put on my big girl panties and join the real world of working (and for 7 long months, paying to do so). But the past two weeks of terror that has been reigned down on my PT class by a certain instructor, I can't help but be elated about the fact that classes are officially over for good! After my meeting on Monday and presenting my scholarly project on Tuesday night, I can say officially say goodbye to the Scott Park Campus and my increased risk of being shot/stabbed by having classes there.

I am not even thinking about my scholarly project at the moment. Yes, I am frustrated about it, but it's basically done, so who cares? It's time for me to get out there and do what I was put on this earth to do - help other people. I can't wait! Of course, it's not going to be easy and I'll still have to do some studying, but I'm finally putting my skills to use in the setting that I really want to work in someday! Although my next clinical is a super long commute (it's at St. Luke's outpatient/ortho in Maumee), I've been told by so many people that it's a great setting, that I'll learn so much, and that the people are awesome to work with. We had a guest speaker in class this semester who works there and he told me that I will never get put on the spot by being asked random anatomy questions or anything to make me feel stupid - which is a huge plus! I have to say that I am so excited to finally be doing a clinical in orthopedics!

The phrase, "no more pencils, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks" has never meant more to me than it does right now. I can't help but point out the fact we only had 2 instructors this semester. One of them took the time today to tell us how much he appreciated having us as a class and what a delight to teach us as a class. The other just handed out her test and glared at all of us. It's a little disheartening to have been treated so poorly for the past few weeks by this certain person and to leave on a bad note with her, but on the positive side, by the time anyone I know might be interested in applying to PT school at this program, she will for sure have retired they won't have to be subjected to the treatment I (an my classmates) was subjected to. That's pretty much all I have to say about it for good...because, other than the presentations on Tuesday and graduation in May, I will never see her again.

I still can't believe all the work of 3 long years is coming to a close! What a huge relief! NO MORE CLASSES!

No comments:

Post a Comment