Saturday, October 3, 2009

just breathe.

I've pretty much lost all the motivation I had to get things done, after working all day yesterday on papers and projects. I am finished with all of the papers, my scholarly project final draft is done (well, I think it is...I'll explain later), my scholarly project poster is formatted and almost complete, and I am almost finished with one of the remaining projects. That list below had dwindled down to this:
  • finish the business/marketing plan
  • write up the final project for Advanced eval/interventions
  • study for a trauma rehab exam
  • edit my scholarly project poster
That still sounds like a lot to me, but it's much better than it was before, especially after the week I just endured. I can't even elaborate on it without getting all worked up, so I'll just leave it at the fact that....it was a horrible week.

In addition to all of the stress, I feel like my scholarly project advisor never wants to make time to go over my manuscript. It's technically not due until October 16, but our last day to be on campus is October 13 (the day we present the posters and platform presentations). I told him that I want to have the manuscript completed by October 12, so that I can enjoy the remainder of the week, without having to worry about finishing it up. Well, he just went over my first draft last Wednesday and told me that I "don't need to be in a hurry to make the changes." Well, guess what? I really felt that I needed to hurry because I want the final draft complete by Monday, October 12. And I told him that. So yesterday, I worked all day last Wednesday and half the day yesterday to get all the changes and improvements made and send it back to him. He responded to my email with - "Thanks...we'll communicate later." If I don't hear anything back from him until Monday October 12 when we have our final meeting, you can bet that I will not be making any more changes to this manuscript. It is DONE at that point. And by the way, I did not cure diabetes with my research. The conclusion is: "more research is needed." ha...who's surprised?

I guess that's about all that's new with me. I have had absolutely no social life this past week and probably won't have one this coming week. I found it ironic that our clinical coordinator told us in our meeting on Thursday that we needed to always "take time for ourselves," no matter how busy we feel. I suppose she never had a week as bad as the one we all did, because last night was the first night in a long time that I just layed around and watched TV for a couple hours to get away from all of the projects for a while. I'm contemplating taking the day off today as well to just relax and watch football, but I really hate the feeling of not doing something that I know eventually needs to get done. I suppose I can use the fact that all of my emails to a certain instructor were ignored yesterday to justify the fact that I will ignore her work today. hmm....

Positive attitude? Please come back!

1 comment:

  1. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.... almost there. The positive attitude will return soon. Perhaps in as little as a week. Just get through the next 7 days. :)

    ReplyDelete