Thursday, October 1, 2009

Horrible Week...

What an emotionally exhausting and draining week...After being given the guidelines for a majority of the assignments in the previous post just 5 days ago (and please note the due dates), those who acted on behalf of the class to propose suggestions to ease the stress of the papers and projects (that were given extremely late) were called names of profanity by the instructor who gave the assignments. Luckily, I wasn't one of those who tried to advocate for my classmates, because I think I would have really blown a gasket if I had been called the B-word by one of my instructors. All I can say at this point is: I'm going to sit here and crank out all of the papers and projects, get my scholarly project done, and keep very specific documentation of everything that has happened with the instructor in question over the past week. When exit interviews are conducted in May, you can bet that I will be presenting all of the documentation to our program director and explaining to her that this past week alone was enough for me to tell anyone who is considering coming to our program for PT school to go somewhere else until this particular instructor retires. I feel that the entire UT DPT class of 2010 is owed an apology for what we endured this week (which includes a multitude of comments that I will not take the time to post) and I can only hope that no further classes that go through this program ever have to feel the same way as I feel at this very moment.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh.... that is all not good at all. Guess its nose to the grindstone for you all weekend.

    ReplyDelete