Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I am the talus. I am the stupidest bone in the body, but I'm still smarter than Joe Girardi.

I'm finding it so difficult to concentrate on any type of review that I wanted to do before this next clinical. It's so tempting to just lay around and do nothing! About all I can make myself do is color in my anatomy coloring book and read about 3 paragraphs at a time in my orthopedics book. Ugh....I need to get motivated!

I finally got my hair cut and colored to cover up all the gray hairs that school gave me. Well, the girl who did my hair said that I only had one gray hair, but I think she was just trying to make me feel better about it, ha. I was pretty happy though because I finally found someone who can actually cut, highlight, and style my hair. For example, highlights do not always have to be blonde. Finally I found someone who realized this. Also, just because my hair is wavy does not mean I want it to be that way. If I came in with it straightened, I want to leave with it straightened. It's about time someone took the time to actually style my hair like I want it done and not just scrunched up because that's "easier." I know these things sound petty, but when you have been disappointed with hair cuts and highlights for 27 years, it's kind of nice to actually find someone who does it right.

Not a whole lot else has happened so far this week...my Yankees lost yesterday, leaving me feeling pretty bummed out for the rest of the night. They better make a serious comeback tonight. It would be nice if at least one of my sports teams became world champions. It hasn't happened since the Colts won the super bowl like 3 years ago. That being said, I better go attempt to review some more before the game comes on tonight.

2 comments:

  1. don't feel bad about having no motivation to study, i still have not yet touched a single book since finishing my final project. although i am going to a SNF and i have no idea what i should be studying anyways, at least with ortho you sort of know what to expect. it has been all kinds of sad not having a complaint sheet to pass around or seeing you everyday during the week :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eli, is this you?! haha I'm assuming so. If it makes you feel any better, I did my first clinical at an SNF and it was super easy. I don't think you really even have to study at all for it. As for my ortho clinical, it is easier to know what to expect, but it's intimidating that I don't remember all of the special tests and relevant anatomy. I'm going to have to step it up for sure! And I agree, I miss sitting in class with you and coca. I have to say our complain sheets from spring 2009 beat out all the other semesters' complain sheets. Now I wish I would have saved them :(

    ReplyDelete