Monday, December 7, 2009

another day in the books..

Why can't all days be as good as today? I went to work today with a positive attitude, knowing that we were going to be super busy. It actually turned out to be a great day! Being so busy this afternoon made it fly by so fast. My CI let me pretty much be THE PT and see all the patients. He just stepped in whenever necessary to do some of the specialized manual therapy that he does, but for any of the basic manual therapy and regular treatments, he let me just do my own thing. Not only did it make me feel like he trusts me enough to do that, but it made me feel like his colleage (sp?), rather than his student. It was a good day. I wish they all could be like this one. Tomorrow we are not so busy, so it's either going to be a looooong day, or the doctor that is working in the doctor's office next door will decide to send us a billion evals at the end of the day. Oh well...if so, it'll be a learning experience I guess. I will say, it was nice to come home at the end of the day today and turn on the TV to something other than PBS and check my email.

This morning was our first "snow" of the winter. I really need to quit watching channel 11 before I leave for work. I only watch it to see if there are any accidents on the turnpike that I need to avoid, since you really can't get off the turnpike easily if there's an accident ahead. But they were warning everyone that the roads were SOOOO bad and that everyone in Toledo was only driving 10 miles per hour because it was so snowy and that there were tons of accidents on 475 and I-75. So I rushed around to get ready and left 10 minutes early so that I would make it there on time and the only slippery spots the whole way there were the on and off ramps of the turnpike. Although, I will say that some people do drive like idiots when it's snowy and icy out and there actually were quite a bit of accidents on the expressway (or so I heard from patients). I wish people would just put things into perspective. Being late to work is less of a hastle than wrecking your car and not even making it to work.

Not much else is new with me. I just got an email from my scholarly project advisor telling me that my paper looks good and that I just need to make some "minor" changes here and there. Luckily I just need to make a few grammatical changes and that paper will be over and done with. I still don't know where my last clinical is going to be. It would be nice to know where I'm going. I'd like to think that I'll get to go to Montpelier, since that is so much closer to home. Let's all keep our fingers crossed and hold our breath. lol. I also really need to start studying for boards ASAP, but I'm pretty sure that after this clinical is over (in 9 more working days, but who's counting?) that I will take a full week to just lay around my apartment and do absolutely nothing besides watch mindless television and be lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment