Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays! Christmas was a little different for me this year, but I still enjoyed it. My mom left this morning to go see my brother and his family. It's my nephew's first Christmas, so I know she couldn't resist being there for that! She was very excited to go. I had my Christmas with her this morning and then we left for the airport. I have to say that most years I have wanted to save all of my gifts for the end so that I could be the last one opening them, but this year I was so excited about the things that I bought for her, that I wanted to save hers until the end and watch her open them. I think she was happy with what I bought for her. I was pretty excited because I got all of the main things I wanted: a smaller george foreman grill with temperature control and removable plates, king sized pillowcases for my big pillows, a Walmart gift certificate, a tool set, and a basket of canned goods that someone had out-bid me on at our church's silent auction, plus a few other things. I also stole some chips and cheese dip at my Ziegler family Christmas last night (I am all about the food), which included 2 dos equis (XXs), so now I am "the most important (wo)man in the world and have discovered that you can not just screw the tops off of expensive beer, but in a pinch a can opener can substitute for a bottle opener just fine. So I hope everyone has had a good of a Christmas (or any holiday you celebrate) as I have! I am currently so stuffed full of food, I'm not sure if I am even going to have the energy to waddle downstairs to the Buckboard Christmas party, but I think I will manage somehow ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment