Saturday, December 5, 2009

Finally

Well, I am all settled in to my new apartment, and after a couple of weeks of watching nothing but PBS and not being able to call anyone since our Alltel tower isn't working here in Fayette, I FINALLY have tv, internet, and phone service. Thank goodness. Even though I still have to call and cancel what I had before (they don't service here in Fayette) and I will probably have to pay a lot of money for that, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. The first night I was here, I had to "rough it" with no heat or water, so even though it wasn't very convenient to go without tv, internet, or phone service, I managed. I can be honest though and say that I really did not want to go any longer than this.

Someday soon, although probably not until after this clinical is over, I will post some pictures of my new place. I really do like it here. I might have something different to say after I get my first gas and electricity bill, because I have a feeling that it's a little pricy to heat this place, but all in all, I'm glad to be living back in town and have a place of my own. It doesn't hurt to have a bar right downstairs and the grocery store within 20 ft. I have even managed to figure out how to work the fireplace, which was quite convenient since it was 17 degrees this morning when I dragged my butt out of bed (on a saturday) to go renew my CPR certification for 4 hours. Blah...but at least it's over and I passed.

My clinical is going pretty good. My CI still says some things sometimes that get under my skin, but for the most part, it's really going well and I feel like I have been learning a lot and making progress. It's hard to believe that there are only 2 weeks left. It has gone by so fast. I will definitely miss this outpatient clinic. I have a feeling that Wildwood (my next clinical) is going to be super fast paced and intimidating. I'm glad I had this experience first before heading there. On the plus side, Wildwood is only 40 minutes away, while my current clinical is 55 minutes one way and I am currently filling my gas tank every single day and paying $3.50/day on the turnpike. I'm getting robbed. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment