Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The end of an era...or maybe just 2009

May I just say that this 3 week break is going by entirely too fast? I am not very happy about the fact that it is half over. Any time I feel even the least bit bored, I tell myself that I should just lay around and enjoy the boredom while it lasts, which is what I tried to do today. I have accomplished a couple of things, but not near as much as I would have liked by this point in time.

Accomplishments:
Finished my resume
Re-arranged my bedroom so I don't have to lay cock-eyed to watch TV
Found out what is wrong with my car and made an appointment to have it fixed

Yet to be Accomplished:
Write cover letters
Prepare for the next internship
Start studying for boards

With that said, I better either get motivated to finish my goals or just sit back and enjoy the rest of my break without stressing about them. I did find out my schedule for Wildwood (my next internship). I'm working Monday thru Wednesday and Fridays from 7:30am to 6:30pm with Thursdays off. If I'm not mistaken, that is technically 44 hours instead of 40, but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt and telling myself that the extra 4 hours will be worth my time. I am also pretty excited that I will not be spending $25/week on the turnpike for 8 weeks to get there.

So, obviously there are big things to come in 2010. I'll be doing two new internships, graduating from graduate school with my doctorate degree, and with any luck passing my boards and getting a job. 2009 definitely had its ups and downs, and while it wasn't as sh*tty as 2006 (it doesn't get any worse than that one), it sure wasn't my best year yet. I am so ready for a new year and a new start. 2009 brought two very crappy things: weight gain and lost friendships.

My plan for 2010 is to finally show the world what I was put on here to do: make it a better place by helping other people. I will finally have a purpose in this world and that's what makes it so special. Not only is it the beginning of a new decade, but it's the beginning of my purpose here. I'm pretty much starting over in all aspects of my life. I'm only going to surround myself with positive people, those who have a positive impact on my life. I'm going to get serious about my health and make a conscious effort to "practice what I preach" by staying in shape, getting in better shape, and living a healthier lifestyle. I am going to take more time to appreciate my family and all of my friends. I'm going to spend less time laying on the couch feeling sorry for myself and more time out and about and enjoying life! I wouldn't call these things "new years resolutions" because they're not just for the new year. They're a commitment for the future and I'm starting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment