Friday, December 11, 2009

No complaints for once

God really does work in mysterious ways. I just found out that my last clinical is going to be in Montpelier. I am super excited about this, because it's only 20 minutes away from where I live. However, with all the stress of moving to Waterville and then moving back from Waterville, it looks like it all ended up working out for the best anyway! The drive from Waterville to Montpelier is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes one-way. Yep, it's safe to say that I'm pretty glad I got moved back to Fayette. Plus, with any luck, and please please cross your fingers, this will help me get hired in at either Bryan, Archbold, or Montpelier, as they are all affiliated with the Community Hospitals of Williams County and I have already done my 8-week acute care clinical at Bryan.

My scholarly project is officially done and out of my hair. It was pretty much done before, but my advisor just asked me to make some grammatical changes and little things, which I just finished doing and emailed it back to him. The 28 pages that took me 3 years to compile are now complete and anyone who wishes to read this paper can receive a copy via email if you so desire. However, I will warn you that it took me over 1 year to even understand the words I was typing on the pages.

I'd like to think that maybe some things are going to start working out in my favor. I really have no complaints at the moment, other than the fact that my car is acting up so I really need to make an appointment to have it looked at. Overall, I have nothing to whine about, which is refreshing. I only have one more week at my current clinical site. Despite the insanely long drive every day, I really am going to miss it. I am really starting to feel confident in my abilities and now that my CI is treating me like his colleage, it's really been nice to work there. Today, we were not that busy in the morning, so my CI and I spent that time having a good discussion. I have learned so much from him and I now feel like I can actually talk to him and respond intelligently to the things his says, rather than just smile and nod and pretend like I understand. I'm excited to take the things he has taught me and put them to use on my own. Even though I whined and complained at times over the past couple of months, I really have taken this clinical for granted. I know I am going to miss it.

However, this weekend I plan on doing a whole lot of relaxing and possibly starting some Christmas shopping on Sunday. The past couple of weekends have been so hectic and busy. It will be so nice to sleep in tomorrow and lay around doing nothing for one whole day. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment