Friday, October 22, 2010

The bucket list

Good news this week, I have found a way to get a treadmill for free...The not so good news is that it's waiting for me in a storage unit in Wisconsin. Even so, I'll probably be making the trip in a few weeks to go pick it up, along with tons of other home gym equipment that is mine for the taking! :)

With that said, I've been thinking long and hard about my true "life's goals" and what I want to accomplish in my lifetime. I think I may have posted this before, but here is the new and improved "bucket list" that I currently have.

1. Read the entire Bible.

2. Run a full marathon (right now I'm training for a 1/2 marathon, but the goal of a lifetime is the full).

3. Write and publish a book.

4. Knit something that is worth wearing (or at least using) in public.

5. Golf 18 holes at less than 100.

6. Take a vacation to New York City and see the Yankee Stadium.

7. Go on a missions trip out of the country.

8. Learn how to paint and make it a hobby, even if I'm horrible at it.

9. Plant a garden and learn to can the vegetables that I grow from it.

10. Pay off my student loans in 10 years (that's how they are set up for repayment right now, just keeping the faith that I can stick with this repayment plan).

Now, I have to say that in my 28 years of living and the fact that I am doing it on my own, I'm pretty proud of where I'm at today and what I have accomplished. I may not have the finest things in life, but I've earned an education and have a job that I am proud of that has allowed me to own my own home. I'm making my own way in this world with the satisfaction of knowing that, at the end of the day, my job is to improve the lives of other people. As much as I complain about it, and as stressful as it has been, I really do love my job and I am so thankful for it. It's because of all the hard work I put in to get this job that I might actually be able to check these items off my bucket list.

1 comment:

  1. :) lets see if I can remember how to comment. This is a great list. But Yankee stadium? Where's the love for Fenway park? Looks like you're doing well.
    Tim

    ReplyDelete