Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ready to Run

After successfully completing a 1/2 marathon (walking it), I've found myself seriously considering the fact that I could probably run one of these someday soon..and should probably start training for it. It was seriously a lot of fun, even if I was ridiculously sore and could barely move the next day. The whole experience was one that I will never forget. It was such a huge accomplishment..and now I want to keep on doing it! So I've come to the conclusion that I will be training for another 1/2 marathon (to run this time) at some point in the near future. It might take me a while. The most I've ever raced is a 5K, but I think I can do it. I'm pretty motivated after the experience I had last weekend, so we shall see. I'm going to give it my best effort anyway.

Work is still crazy, but I'm surviving. I really can't complain. It has definitely been more stressful over the past couple of weeks, but we are all managing. I'm just trying to take it in stride and make a good impression. If I can get through these 9-10 hour days, I won't feel so bad someday when the census is low again and I get to leave early.

No comments:

Post a Comment