Saturday, October 30, 2010

Motivation

I am officially in training to run at least a 1/2 marathon by next year. So far so good. I'm currently doing my running outside in the cold, but luckily, I am going to be picking up a treadmill in a couple of weeks to get me through the winter months. As long as I can stay motivated, I know I can achieve this goal. The problem is...I have a hard time staying motivated. So, I decided to make a list of things that will keep me motivated to push myself and actually become the athlete I want to be.

1. Get the new ipod nano and fill it with fast-paced running music only.

2. Run in public as much as possible, because I hate taking the chance that people might see me give up and start walking.

3. Mix up the workout routine. I'm not going to run every single day. I'm going to take some days off, do some cardio workouts, mix in some strength training, and probably ride bike on other days.

4. Bookmark every website that has to do with eating right and working out / running so that when I don't feel like doing either one, I can at least read about it and hopefully change my mind.

5. I already subscribed to Runner's World magazine, which is supposed to come with some sort of running log to track my runs.

6. Sign up for as many 5 and 10Ks in the area as possible.

7. Reward myself with new running shoes as often as I feel like.

8. Watch ESPN and other sports as much as possible.

9. Let myself indulge in an Amigo's pizza and eagle bread every now and then :)

10. Finally buy scales so I can keep track of how much I weigh (until yesterday when I weighed myself at work I really had no idea).

That's my motivation list for right now. Good think my work has me on a sleep schedule where I wake up by 7am even on the weekends. I've already been up and running this morning and I plan on spending the whole rest of the day relaxing on the couch watching football :)

No comments:

Post a Comment