Thursday, October 21, 2010

Work and Running

Things are starting to return to somewhat normal at work. It's still a little crazy, with being short one therapist, but we are managing. The census had returned to an average level, although I shouldn't speak too quickly, because you never know when it might spike up again, but for now, I'll embrace it. I'm actually starting to enjoy getting up and going to work in the mornings again, so that's always a good sign.

Now that the 1/2 marathon is over, I feel like I'm being such a lazy bum at the end of the day. No more going out and walking for hours in the evenings. Now that it's getting dark so early, I feel like by the time I get home from work, it's time to take a shower and go to bed. That's not all bad, I am getting plenty of rest, but I'm feeling very lethargic. Therefore, I'm currently shopping around for a treadmill. Both to get myself up off the couch and to train for next year when I'll be running the 1/2 marathon in Columbus, instead of walking it. I've had some offers for used treadmills, but haven't made up my mind just yet. I don't think I'm really ready to buy a brand new one, because I have a hard time justifying spending $2000 on something that I'll only really need to use during the winter months. So I'm really basically looking for a used treadmill that goes fast enough that I can run on, for a decent price that won't break my bank account. Wish me luck. I am really motivated to get started.

Nothing is really new for me. As stressful as it's been the past couple of weeks, I can't help but be super thankful for my job and all that it has provided for me. I've been blessed with so much in life that I look back on previous posts where I have complained and just feel guilty. I may have days at work that are super stressful and busy, but at least I have a job and can pay my bills. I might have days at work where I am feeling frazzled and run down and sweating from head to toe from the sheer amount of physical labor involved, but at least I work with an amazing group of people who are always willing to help me out and are all people I would consider to be good friends. The group I work with is like a family, and I think that's pretty rare these days. I wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment