Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A good night's sleep would be much appreciated.

My hand officially feels like it is going to fall off. I've been trying so hard to study this CSCS information and the only way I can learn it is to write it out. Well, I'm currently working on the nutrition chapter, which is the most important chapter in the whole book, so I am trying very hard to concentrate on it by writing out all of the important points. My writing finger is burning and I'm not even halfway through the chapter. Ugh. I guess I'll just have to suffer my way through it because I wanted to have this chapter completed by the end of the day.

On the plus side, my new mattress arrived today for my new bed! On the downside, the actual bed hasn't even shipped out yet. I guess that's what you get when you're too lazy to actually go to a furniture store and shop for one in person. I am officially sick of sleeping on this little futon every night, so I went ahead and ordered a queen sized bed. Don't get too excited, it's nothing fancy. I found a 10" memory foam mattress on amazon for $375 and then ordered a cheap platform bed (that I have to put together myself) for $125. I am basically going to be just putting my memory foam mattress on a raised-up piece of plywood, but that's good enough for me. The main goal is to just see if I can get the pieces of the bed upstairs without having to cut them down. Wish me luck. Although the task obviously won't get underway until next week sometime, at the rate this shipping is going. Although, I still can't really complain because all the shipping was free. I love having amazon prime.

If you really want to know just how much of a "summer break" I am having, I took 3 breaks from studying today. 1) a 15 minute break to eat lunch, 2) a 5 minute break to go outside and meet the FedEx lady at the door to get my mattress in the house, and 3) a 30 minute break to re-arrange my tv stand, tv, Wii, DVD players, and Dish receiver to the other side of my room so that I'll have room for my new bed when it actually comes. Other than that, I have literally been studying CSCS ALL day...with the exception of this post, as well. I just have to keep my eyes on the prize, which would obviously be my dream job.

No comments:

Post a Comment