Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Just keep smiling

I have to say that so far this week hasn't been that bad. I've been trying to have a more positive attitude about it. Of course some things have gone wrong:
  • I found the perfect way to get to class that avoids a lot of stop lights and traffic. However, it's only open to go East right now due to construction, so I have to take Dorr street to get home, which includes more stop lights and continued construction.
  • The very first packet of information I received on Day 1 of class was a brochure for the police department. Not a good sign.
  • I found out that we are supposedly going to be required to dress up for all guest speakers in class. We have guest speakers every day. Sigh.
  • I was standing in the hallway with a group of friends when one of our instructors (who we don't even have this semester) came up and scolded us for what we wrote on our parking ticket appeals two months ago. Apparently "we were told..." was not to be written.
  • We were required to go early yesterday to have lunch with the first and second year students. This consisted of me sitting on a bench with other people in my class and talking to one second year student the entire time. I still don't know who any of the first year students are.
Despite all of this, I am still trying to keep a good attitude. Getting all upset isn't going to solve any of it, so I might as well just smile and let it go. There are a lot more important things in life than worrying about these things for just six more weeks.

My big exam is this Saturday. I have been stressing out so much about it. The people in my class who have already taken it keep reassuring me that it's no big deal, but I can't help but worry. Every time I look at the book, I find something that I didn't remember from before. We have a 6 hour break tomorrow between classes and I am going to spend it studying with another person in my class who has yet to take the exam. I also have all day Friday to study for it. I keep reminding myself that I have more time, but that time is dwindling down! I think that if I do pass it, all of Toledo will hear me cheering.

No comments:

Post a Comment