Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ups and Downs

I'll start with the downs...I took the first CSCS practice test today. The scientific background and nutrition questions were harder than I thought they would be. I passed all of the sections except for the nutrition...ugh. So basically, I have to go back and memorize that whole chapter for real. How frustrating. On the plus side, the video portion of the test wasn't bad at all. And once I graded my test, I realized that they actually give you the exact page numbers and areas of the book to study for the ?s you missed, so I can go back through and study up more on my weak areas. Another downside - the test is graded in sections, so you have to pass each section in order to pass the test. For example, I can't rely on my exercise prescription knowledge to make up for the ?s I missed in the nutrition section. You have to pass every section in order to pass the test. I'm scared! I'm really going to have to get focused now. My scholarly project is just going to have to wait a while.

Speaking of my scholarly project, that is actually the "up" of the day. I received an email from my scholarly project advisor that he was forwarding from the OPTA that my scholarly project did NOT get accepted for the presentations in Columbus this fall. This means....I don't have to present there!! I'm sure he is still going to try to make me go to it, but I really don't feel I should have to if I am not presenting. I have no desire to make PT contacts in Columbus, seeing as how I never want to move there or work there. Since we're supposed to have a week off class the week of that conference, let's keep our fingers crossed that I really don't have to go and I can enjoy having a week long break like the rest of my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment