Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ahh relaxation

Ah, now that I have finally gotten some sleep and am NOT studying, I can "publish" a decent post. I am so relieved that the CSCS exam is over and done with. I can also honestly say, that was the most difficult exam I have ever taken. I don't know how anyone can call it "easy," unless you've already had experience as an athletic trainer or a personal trainer. That was a tough exam. To anyone who is thinking of taking it, I highly recommend the following:
  • know every concept in the book and have a very thorough understanding of those concepts
  • buy the practice tests, take them, and then understand that the real test will be harder than they were
  • purchase the symposium dvd and/or personal training dvd that the NSCA sells. Even though they are never emphasized as good study material anywhere, random facts from both are on the exam (however, I did pass it without watching them)
Moving on from CSCS stuff...I'm pretty excited about this upcoming weekend. My brother and his family are coming and I finally get to meet my nephew! I can't wait! He is getting baptized at our church on Saturday. I went shopping today to get his gift. I am so looking forward to seeing all of them! I need to remember to buy a lot of extra batteries for my digital camera, because I'm pretty sure it's going to get a lot of use for those three days!

Tomorrow is my first meeting of the semester with my scholarly project advisor. I'm gearing up for the fact that he's probably going to be mad that I don't have my project done and the meeting, more than likely, won't go so well. Oh well...I've done my best on it so far, and I plan to continue to do my best on it until it's finished. I just know that I am NOT going to work on it today! This is my day of rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment