Monday, August 3, 2009

Losing steam.

Another week has gone by and I still feel very overwhelmed with all that I need to accomplish. I really just want to go lay outside and do nothing today, but I know I need to force myself to sit at my desk and get things done. I have only 3 weeks left to get everything accomplished, and as much as my scholarly project advisor told us to "stay in touch" and that he will help us with the project, I really feel like he doesn't care at all, as long as we finish it. So basically, I'm trying to get it done with no help, yet his name goes on the paper too. Nice. Also, one of the girls in my class (who also took the CSCS elective) just took the test last week and said that it wasn't too bad, but she wished she would have had more time to study and that she really had to rely on a lot of things she remembered from PT school. That's a scary thought, because I feel like I have forgotten a lot of things from PT school. It also makes me feel like I should use all my free time in the next 3 weeks to prepare for that exam. I don't really like having to make one project a higher priority than the other, because then I will totally ignore the lesser prioritized one, but I think CSCS gets the higher priority here. It is coming up the soonest.

The big Bullthistle weekend went well. I didn't go out to see the fireworks this year because a) I was too tired and b) I didn't want to hastle with all the parking and traffic and walking around in the dark and c) I didn't want to get bit up by mosquitoes. The parade and the afternoon in the park went well though. Nothing too exciting occurred though. I guess the most exciting thing was that I talked to someone who could have some really strong influence for an awesome PT job in the area and he said he would put in a good word for me. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I made a good impression. See..who needs the OPTA events in Columbus to make contacts in the healthcare business? haha

Nothing much else is new with me. I had a dream last night about having to drive all the way to the Scott Park campus for classes and that the hours were 10am to 10pm every day. Sadly, that's not too far from the truth. Thank goodness it's only for 8 weeks and then I'll be away on clinicals until I am done. Well, it's time to go hit the CSCS book and scholarly project articles. Yipee.

1 comment:

  1. First things first sounds like a good way to approach your two large tasks. And making possible job contacts while at a community event? Who'd have thought it possible? :D Have a great time laying around outside. I mean studying for that exam.

    ReplyDelete