Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Gotta Get Through This

After running errands all morning, I basically have no motivation to be productive this afternoon. Ok, so my errands only took 2 hours and consisted of:
  • going to the bank to deposit my student loan check
  • going to get my car serviced to prepare it for the 10,000 - 20,000 miles that will be put on it by May
  • going to Walmart to stock up on everything so that I don't have to go as often once classes start
Despite the fact that there were really only three whole errands, I feel like now I should just sit back and do nothing for the rest of the day. That's pure laziness kicking in right there and I need to knock it off. I've been fairly productive for the past 2 days, so there's no need to waste any time today.

I want to take my second CSCS practice exam before classes start. That means, I need to be prepared to take it by Sunday night, at the latest. I have 3 practice exams total, so this will leave me with one more to take before the big day (a week from Saturday). I'm getting more and more nervous for it as each day passes. Every day, I think - "I've studied enough to pass this test" and then I start reviewing things in the book and think - "hmm..I wonder why I didn't remember this sentence/paragraph/chart. It looks pretty important." In other words, I think I need all the extra study time I can get.

I also need to get started on a "pre-course assignment" that is due before classes start. Yes, I'm being totally serious. A pre-course assignment. Seem pretty ridiculous? It is, which is why I haven't started it yet. It's a 6-8 page paper that will more than likely not get started until the very last minute because a) I am bitter about it and b) I feel like my other projects are more important right now.

Scholarly project? I don't even want to think about it. I keep changing the layout of the paper to make it look longer. It's gone from double spaced to single spaced to bigger headings, etc. Right now, it's 11 pages single spaced with 16 font headings with my abstract taking up the entire first page. Don't get me wrong, I have added some actual writing to it, but every time I sit down with an article, it's like a huge sigh and groan takes over my entire being and I end up just staring at it. blah.

But...rather than complain anymore, I think I might as well go do something about all of this and go get some work done. In the end, I know it is going to be worth it. Just gotta get through this next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment