Monday, August 10, 2009

Sleep please!

Well, my new bed is supposed to arrive tomorrow, but...the UPS shipping tracker says that it's destination is "LaFayette, Ohio," which sadly really does exist, so who knows if my bed will actually get here tomorrow or not. Somebody in LaFayette is probably going to get a free bed. Ugh. I called UPS today and after fighting with an automated voice for about 15 minutes, I finally got through to a real person who told me not to worry and that they "usually" go by the zip code instead and it will only be a problem if the delivery guy doesn't think my address is a real address. Nice...because my address is never recognized because I don't have a home phone line or a P.O. box, so no one thinks that this address exists. Awesome. So we'll see if I really do end up getting a bed tomorrow or not. I got my room all re-arranged and ready for it and I have my mattress laying out to "fluff up." It's a memory foam mattress, so it takes about a day for it to rise up to it's full height.

Other than preparing for the bed, I spent the weekend studying massive amounts of CSCS info and did absolutely no work on my scholarly project, so that is the goal for today...to at least get something done on the scholarly project before I begin my CSCS study marathon again. I did actually get to go swimming yesterday for a while, which was much appreciated since it was 95 degrees and insanely humid. My a/c is supposed to cycle on and off and I don't think it's had much "off" time. I can't complain though, this is the first real "summer weather" we've had all summer.

My diet is going pretty good so far. I've found a new way to eat pizza that is much healthier, even healthier than the home-made ones I used to make. I now buy these little pizza crusts (I forget the brand), but they come 3 in a pack and are sized just for one person. I brush the crust with a little olive oil and put italian seasoning on it (you can buy this in the seasoning isle - it's one of the Marie Calendar's grinders), add sauce (they now put it in with the little pizza crusts in a separate packet), sprinkle parmesan cheese on the sauce, add shredded mozzarella cheese and turkey pepperoni. Bake at 440 for 11-12 minutes. It's amazing. I also recommend using ham and green pepper as toppings.

I also worked out yesterday for almost an hour and today I am sore. I knew lunges were hard, but I didn't think lunges with 15 lb. weights would be all that much more difficult. THEY ARE. haha. It's safe to say, I will not be lifting weights today or doing any sort of resistance training. I'm just going to have to suffer the heat and get out there and walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment