Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Everything happens for a reason.

Oh goodness, EMR is officially kicking my butt at work. A full day at work would not necessarily be this tiring, but it's pretty safe to say that I would be more than happy to go to bed at approximately 7pm these days if it wasn't still light outside. The transition is actually going pretty well for the most part. There are still a few things that need to be built into the system that make it a bit complicated right now, but overall, I do have to say that it's great that we are transitioning into the 21st century and the basic daily notes ARE a lot faster on the electronic system than they were on the paper system. However, I feel like my brain is fried after two weekly conferences, a full patient caseload, and typing at my laptop all day long. I don't even know how I'm coming up with the energy to type this post, other than I'm trying to distract myself from the reality of going back to work tomorrow and doing all of this over again. This is the first week since I've started that I will be putting in over 50 hours. I know that probably doesn't sound like a whole lot, but I've been going in early every morning and staying late every night. I guess this makes up for those days that I got to leave early when I first started. I won't ever feel bad for leaving work early again...if it ever even happens again.

But...I can't complain. I have a job and so far, it's a secure job. We're super busy, but that's job security at this point. I absolutely need that paycheck every 2 weeks, so bring on the challenges of being super busy at work...I'd rather be this busy and tired than worried sick over whether or not I'm going to be able to pay my bills. I work with a pretty awesome group of people who are all very supportive and helpful. You don't find that just anywhere. I feel so blessed to have this job. I am 100% sure that I made the right decision in accepting this position when it was offered to me. Even though it is stressful right now, sometimes I really don't know what I did to deserve such a great place to work. I will never take this job for granted. As much as I complain (which I shouldn't), I am so happy and thankful for the opportunities I've been given. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and I'm glad that, for the most part, everything is going just fine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment