Sunday, August 15, 2010

a long weekend before chaos

I'm trying to enjoy every last little bit of this weekend as possible. It's my "long" weekend (I have tomorrow off) since I work this Saturday, and after this Saturday, we are officially "going live" with EMR (Electronic Medical Records). I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to this new documentation system. I kind of have an idea of how to do it, but they held a review course at work on Friday, which I couldn't go to because someone had to stay upstairs and see patients. They are having another one tomorrow, which I can't go to because I'm off work. So they told me that I could "ask some questions" this Wednesday if I want to go over anything. ha. It's going to be a big joke. I'm not looking forward to it at all. All I really know is, I have my own laptop and will be doing all of my documentation back at my desk where there are no windows and hardly anyone to talk to. I think I might just carry my laptop out to another part of the hospital to do my documentation, because I refuse to sit in the boring, dark office trying to figure out how to write a daily note.

Not much else is new in my life. I'm feeling very comfortable in my new home. I really love it here. I feel so blessed to have this place. I'm starting to prepare to teach jr. high Sunday school this fall. It's beginning in about a month, so I'm trying to put some ideas together. I'm actually looking forward to it. The past few Sundays, it's been really great to see how our church is growing and thriving. It's amazing how much Pastor Kathy has done to improve our church and draw everyone in. I feel like God has a hand in what's going on with our church right now. We are so blessed that it is improving.

I'm also in training right now to walk a half marathon. That doesn't sound like a whole lot to the average person, but it's more than you would think! It's 13.1 miles. My mom and I are training together. At first, I was thinking of training to run it, but with the whole moving process, I didn't think I would have enough time or energy to train to run it. So we are training to walk it together. Right now, we're at about 4 miles. I know we could go farther than that easily, I'm just not so sure about going right out and doing 13 miles right now. We have a ways to go in our training. The half marathon isn't until October 17 in Columbus. We our all signed up for it with our hotel reservations made, so there is no backing out now. But it's for a good cause. We are walking for Team K-Bob (the team for Kellen). We're getting sponsors to raise money for Kellen and his family, so if anyone out there is interested in sponsoring me to walk the half marathon, please email me or get ahold of me and I will send you the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment