Monday, August 2, 2010

House update

The first coat of paint is up in the bedrooms :) I'm happy that the color I chose for my bedroom turned out to look ok once it got on the wall. I was a little nervous after I saw the little droplet on the top of the can, but it looks nice on the wall. The second bedroom also has a coat of paint up and it looks great too. I'm happy with the colors I chose, although I'm pretty sure both bedrooms will need paint touch-ups tomorrow or maybe even a 2nd coat. A man from my church came over today while I was at work and put up the trim around the doors that didn't have it. It looks so much better. He's coming over tomorrow to see about fixing my front screen door (it doesn't shut right) and to put up the little shelves that go up on the outside of the cabinets by the sink. Once that is done and we get the bedroom carpets cleaned, I will be good to go to start moving in furniture! I'm very excited. It turns out they are delivering my furniture (well, the new stuff I bought, not all of the furniture I currently own) on Wednesday night. I still have to wait until the 14th to get my cable/internet/phone hooked up, but oh well. I'll probably still move in before then and if I need something to do for entertainment, I will just go outside and sit in the peace and quiet and read a book. It looks like I might be able to actually move in by early next week (or whenever I can get a moving crew to help me out).

No comments:

Post a Comment