Saturday, July 31, 2010

one day weekend

Progress is coming right along on the new house! Even though I worked all day today, we got quite a bit accomplished in the house today. My mom worked for part of the morning and afternoon while I was at my regular work. After I got out of work, I met her at the house, and together we got the first coat of primer on the two bedrooms. My grandparents came over and cleaned the refrigerator out (it really really needed a good cleaning) and cleaned underneath and behind it and the stove. I am really impressed with all we have accomplished so far. The kitchen looks 100% better with the refrigerator cleaned and the bedrooms look a lot bigger just with a coat of primer on them! My uncle brought over my charcoal grill and fire pit, so I am ready for some outdoor get togethers as soon as I get the rest of my house finished! He also brought another "lovely" housewarming present that will be getting either returned or burned in the near future - a beautiful totum (sp?) pole. All in all, it is starting to sink in that I am actually a home owner and that I really do own my own property! I'm very excited and happy...despite the fact that I now I have no idea when they are going to be able to come to hook up my cable/internet/phone and I received a message on my answering machine today that they might not be able to bring my furniture this week. Regardless, I'm getting excited for the whole process to be complete :)

Work is going as crazy as ever. I'm glad we are busy (job security!) but sometimes it's a bit overwhelming. Saturdays are pretty laid back, but even so, it's still an 8-4:30 work day, which isn't much fun on a weekend. But you gotta do what you gotta do to make money, and I won't complain seeing as how it's only one Saturday a month! I was talking to one of the nurses at work today and she was telling me how she works the 12 hour shifts and she said that she basically works four 12s, which didn't sound so bad if it was four 12s on and four 12s off. But she proceeded to tell me how it was basically 12 hour shifts every other day. Talk about a really sucky schedule. It made me appreciate my work schedule even more so. I would rather work more days with less hours than less days with more hours. If that makes any sense. As long as I have enough time to relax at the end of the day, I'm happy!

Tomorrow's goal is to go to church and then get over to the house to put a second coat of primer on before we start the actual painting. I'm still taking plenty of pictures throughout the whole process, just haven't had the time to upload them all. It might be a while yet, but progress is being made, I guarantee that!

No comments:

Post a Comment