Friday, July 30, 2010

Home Ownership

I am officially a home owner. I can now watch HGTV with the satisfaction of knowing that I can attempt to do any of the same stuff they do to my very own house. I officially lost my "Property Virginity." Sandra Rinomato would be proud. I can't wait to post some pictures of my new place! The only problem is, I took my camera over there to take some "before" pictures and left the cord over there that connects the camera to my computer! Oh well...the pictures will just have to wait until another day.

The closing for the house took place today on my lunch hour. It only took about 20 minutes. My real estate agent even gave me a gift! A new candle and reed diffuser. That was so nice of her. I also got all the keys :) After work, I loaded up my car with a few things and headed right over to get started. My mom, grandparents, and my uncle all came over as well. We got a bit of cleaning done and started to prepare for the painting and cleaning that will be going on this weekend. I'm looking forward to it. My mom and I even sat outside for about 10 minutes and enjoyed some fresh air. I have to say, as pathetic as it sounds, my absolute favorite moment of being in my "own house" tonight was opening the windows and listening to the locusts and sounds of the country and sitting outside and looking at an open farm field. It may sound sad, but that is seriously something I have missed so much by being up in this apartment. I'm so glad to own a wide open space and have it all to myself :)

You can bet that I will be back there with another load of "stuff" as soon as I get out of work tomorrow afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment