Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bite it

Nothing much to tell right now. I'm just relaxing and enjoying what's left of the day before the work week begins again. It's been another hot and humid weekend, but I really can't wait until I have a yard of my own to sit in and enjoy the outside weather.

I'm starting to get pretty excited about the house. I signed the rest of the paperwork on Friday and locked in my rate for 30 years fixed at 4.5%. That's a pretty awesome mortgage rate. I'm really really happy about it. So now we're just waiting for an appraisal and then they will set a closing date. I'm ready to start painting and fixing the place up!

I went and bought new furniture yesterday. As everything else, it ended up being much more expensive than I anticipated it would be. But, I got what I wanted and I'm excited to start decorating. I bought a couch and a leather recliner chair. It's going to be so much nicer than sitting on this old worn out futon and broken wicker chair!

Yesterday I became the newest member of the Lyons club here in Fayette. I wasn't expecting that to happen so fast, but they were having a cookout across the street, so I went over there to visit with everyone and fill out an application to become a member. My uncle said he would sponsor me and they ended up voting right then and there to let me in. It was a bit of a self-esteem boost that they voted for me so fast :) I decided to join because they do so much good for our community. It has always been my plan to do some sort of community service after I got done with school and studying. Now that I'm officially done with that, I decided to join the Lyons club because they do a lot of community service type things around town and around the county and that's exactly what I was looking for. I've been blessed with so much in my lifetime. It's the least I can do to try to give back to those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment