Sunday, August 29, 2010

Walking walking walking

Wow, I am super exhausted...but the weekend was good. It was nice to have some much-needed relaxation and rest. I actually slept in until 8:30am this morning! I even accomplished a lot this weekend. I went to Toledo with my grandparents yesterday and ordered vertical blinds for a few windows in my house after spending 2 hours getting my hair done. Today I went to church, went for a walk (in the scorching 90 degree heat), and finally unpacked the rest of my stuff and got it all put away. I'd say those are some good accomplishments for one weekend.

The best part of the weekend (as selfish as it sounds) was that I spent it doing what I wanted to do, rather than what someone else wanted me to do. At this point in my life, that makes a good weekend in my book.

My plan for the upcoming week is to get up super early (before it's light out) and do my walks in the AM while it's cooler. I think it'll be nicer to get the walking out of the way before work and not have to worry about it after I get home. This will be especially nice on the days that I'm going to be rushing home from work to make it to jr. high volleyball games. I won't have to worry about forcing myself to exercise after the games are over.

With that said, I've stocked up on energy drinks and mt. dew for this week. If I'm going to be getting up at 5:30 every single day to be able to get out and get my exercise in before work, then I better have something to keep my eyelids open in the evenings or else I will be falling asleep by 6pm. I don't know why I'm such a baby. I wish I was one of those people who could stay up until midnight or later and still get up early in the mornings! Oh well....I'll do the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment