Saturday, August 14, 2010

i am blessed

I am finally all settled into my new home. The cable guy came today and (half-heartedly) installed my cable/internet/phone. I have gone all week without it. The only channel I could get to come in on my antennae was PBS and that was getting very boring. Now, I finally feel at home.

This last Thursday night, my mom and I cleaned out the last few things from the apartment. I'm turning the keys in on Monday. It's kind of sad to be leaving that apartment. It really was a good place to live. But I can't even describe how nice it is to have an attached garage and a yard and not have to climb up 22 steps every day (especially after buying groceries). Plus, I have the nicest neighbors around. They have all been very nice and welcoming. It's a definite plus to know that there are so many people looking out for me and since most of my neighbors are retired, I know they will keep a good watchful eye on my house during the day while I'm at work.

I really can't complain. I'm enjoying life to the fullest right now. Sometimes I wonder why I have been blessed with so much, while there are others out there with so many struggles. I could my blessings every day while praying for those others that aren't as fortunate. I want to do everything I can to help other people who don't know what it's like to be provided with so much as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment