Wednesday, July 8, 2009

2 more days...

I am officially done with the CPI. Can I just start the celebration now? Pleeeeeease....It's only two more days. Ah well. I guess I'd be a little less stressed if we hadn't gotten so completely bombarded today with inpatients. I suppose it would only make sense for there to be tons of ortho surgeries scheduled for my last week. I can't complain though. The busier we are, the faster the day goes by. It's just a bit intimidating when there's too many inpatients and not enough time to get to them all. The fact that I have completed the CPI is a huge weight off my shoulders. CPI stands for Clinical Performance Instrument and it's what we use to evaluate ourselves (as students) and our CIs use to evaluate us. Then we go over the results together. My CI and I are going over mine on Friday. It's a bit intimidating, because you never want to evaluate yourself higher than your CI rates you, but you still want to get a passing grade so you can't be too modest. I guess we'll see how it goes on Friday. Everyone is telling me that I am doing a great job, but you never really know "officially" until you see that CPI rating.

Other than clinicals, I have officially read my first entire textbook word for work. I finished reading the entire CSCS textbook last night. I've heard that the exam is really hard, so I've been busting my butt to get the textbook read so that I can actually concentrate on STUDYING it for the next month and a half. All this on top of scholarly project work means that my 5 week break won't even remotely resemble a "break" at all. Groan.

No other news with me, other than, lately I've had the strongest urge to get out of this town and move to Toledo. I feel like I am so far away from my friends and everything that is going on. As much as I love living in a small town, I feel like it's holding me back from living up to my full potential. The only problem is, I don't know if I can really afford to move out and move to the big city. It would definitely save me in gas money to get to class and my next 2 clinicals, I just don't know if I can afford the rent and utilities in a decent neighborhood of Toledo. There are so many factors to consider. I guess I just have to weigh them all out and if it's meant to be, the right opportunity will come about. I think my best bet is to just wait and see what happens in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment