Thursday, July 9, 2009

21 more hours!

It's down to one last day of my acute care clinical, and I'm faced with the most awkward of situations. Are you supposed to get a gift for your clinical instructor at the end of a clinical like this? Especially if the CI is a guy? I got him a thank you card and I got a separate thank you card for the rest of the staff...but I'm just wondering, was I supposed to get him some kind of gift? I know some people do and some people don't. I guess I really just think that's kind of awkward coming from a female student to a male CI, but I don't want to be rude and not get him anything. I'm thinking of buying some cookies or something to take for everyone tomorrow, so maybe that will be good enough...let's keep our fingers crossed, because it's too late to go shopping anywhere other than a quick trip to the grocery store in the AM.

I kind of lucked out today as far as inpatients go. Most of them were discharged and we were left with just 3 patients between my CI and I and the the PTA who was also seeing inpatients this afternoon. While it was a pretty low-stress afternoon, it was also super boring and went by very slow. Not that I want to be bombarded and stressed out, but the time could have gone by a little faster. I guess my "happy medium" is a very fine line.

On the plus side, I might be going out with some of my PT friends tomorrow night. We'll see if it actually happens. It seems like something always happens to get in the way of any sort of fun lately, but maybe this time it'll actually work out. I could use some time away from this town for a while. A change of scenery would be much appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. I am hoping 2 things. That you went with the simple solution for "gifts". The cookies or whatever seemed like a good idea. Also, that you get out with your friends tonight and have a good time. Not such a good time that you don't remember most of it though! :P

    ReplyDelete