Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A lazy day of being busy

I just spent over an hour doing one of the most NON-fun things a person can do: exit counseling for student loans. Ugh. What a long and drawn out process. On the plus side, by looking the total amount of money that I owe and looking at the different types of repayment schedules, I was able to chose the repayment plan that is set up so that I have them all paid off in 10 years. How amazing is that? :) I am so excited! I am so thankful and feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to have a job that pays me enough to be able to pay back my loans so soon. I will have them all paid off by the time I'm 40! Yay! Plus, by signing up for the automatic payment plan and electronic billing (where they send my bills by email and I have the payment automatically deducted from my checking account), I'm saving 0.25% of interest per year. That doesn't seem like a lot, but it really is when you are considering the ridiculous amount of interest that has already accrued on the loans that I have.

So basically, I didn't get any studying done tonight because of this ridiculous exit counseling that I had to get done, but at least I have one more thing checked off of my "to-do" list. I also called the bookstore today and ordered my gown for graduation. They are shipping it to me and it should be here next week. I also got my topic approved for the inservice that I am supposed to be giving in the next couple of weeks at my clinical. So I guess even though I got absolutely NO studying done today, at least I accomplished a few things. I also managed to get a 2 mile walk squeezed in there. I feel like Superwoman.

My clinical is still going well, however, I feel like I have been too overwhelmed to really focus on it as much as I should. I feel like I've been giving it my full effort and that I am improving a lot, but there are still some things that I know I could use some extra practice with. I am so thankful to be starting a job at a place where I've had so much experience. I can't imagine how intimidating it would be as a new graduate, to start a new job somewhere completely new. I never realized before how much of a huge advantage I am going to have when I actually start working and already know most of what I'm doing as far as paperwork and procedures. I'm also excited about the fact that we ordered t-shirts today that we're going to be able to wear to work :) I can't even begin to say how much it means to me to be able to wear scrubs or t-shirts every day. I ordered 2 t-shirts just so I would have an extra one and not wear the same color shirt every week, because it's pretty safe to say that I am going to pretty much live in scrubs and t-shirts from now on.

So, after a "lazy" day of not studying, my plan is to get back at it tomorrow and this weekend. Thank goodness I do not have to drive to the bookstore in Toledo on Saturday, so that should save me enough time to get more things accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment