Tuesday, April 6, 2010

To Do List

Although I am still very relieved over the fact that I have a job lined up, it has just recently hit me that there are about a million other things that I need to get taken care of before I can even start working. Last night and today have been pretty stressful after looking over my big to-do list for the next few weeks. I'm wanting to pull my hair out. I am almost finished, yet all of the most stressful stuff is going on right at the very end. My goal is to have all of the following items taken care of by May 8:

  • Get my FBI (and some other form of that I can't think of right now) criminal background check done and sent in. I have to go to one of the nearby sheriff's offices to have this done I guess. And apparently I can't send it in, they have to send it in. Something about electronic fingerprints and making sure that wherever I get the background check done at is certified by some acronyms that I can't even think of right now. I'm sure that none of them are open on Saturdays, so I'll be screwed.
  • Get two passport photos taken. I thought it would be fine that I just plain have a passport. Oh no. I have to go have 2 more official photos taken that are the size of a passport photo and attach them to all these official documents and send them in to the state of Ohio.
  • Fill out either an online or paper registration form for the state of Ohio and send in.
  • Go to the post office and get a money order to pay my fee, because they do not take personal checks or credit cards.
  • Figure out if I have to then fill out a whole other application form for the NPTE from some other website or if this one for Ohio takes care of both.
  • Register for the actual exams. The NPTE and the Ohio Juris Prudence (sp?) exam.
  • Figure out where to even get the information I need to study for the Ohio exam.
  • Study for and pass both exams.
  • Figure out how in the world I am going to go get my gown for graduation. I am supposed to go get it from the bookstore at MCO. They are only open on Monday through Friday from 8-5. Awesome.
  • Figure out if I am supposed to get a separate gown for the person that is hooding me or not and then purchase one of those (or find a way to get it picked up since I can't even physically go do that while I'm on a clinical in Montpelier from 8-5 up until graduation).
  • Figure out how to get SOMEONE to email me back about where the person that is hooding me is supposed to go on graduation day. I already know where I am supposed to go and what time I'm supposed to be there, but I don't know where he is supposed to go or what to do. I've sent out 3 emails and no one will email me back. ugh.
  • Write up a "Plan of Care" assignment for school by Friday.
  • Complete the Midterm CPI by Friday and the final CPI by May 5.
  • Prepare and give an inservice presentation at my clinical by May 5.
I have a feeling I should probably print this list out and check each thing off as it gets accomplished. It's just so stressful to look at it! I think I need an evening to just relax and breathe and wait and think about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment