Friday, April 2, 2010

new horizons

I accepted a job today :) Although the other site that I had my interview at does not know this yet, so word doesn't need to spread too fast. I am so excited though! Who would have thought that it would all work out like this! I now have the peace of mind of knowing the following:
  • I am going to be able to pay my bills after graduation. I will have enough money to live on and pay back my student loans.
  • I am going to have a job that is 20 minutes away. This is HUGE, because I have been driving so far for so many years. I am so thankful to have a short commute from here on out!
  • I am already going to be oriented to this job before I even start. I will have 8 weeks of experience at this location, so I will not have to go through the process of feeling stupid because I don't know where anything is or what paperwork needs to get done in each situation.
  • I already know all of my coworkers and love working with each and every one of them!
  • Have I mentioned that I get to wear scrubs every day? :)
Isn't it amazing how God works. Everything happens for a reason. Last year I thought I was going to be doing this clinical at Concept Rehab. A few months ago, they ended up canceling on me and I was placed at this site instead. Technically the last clinical internship is supposed to be your "specialty internship." It looks like mine really has been after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment