Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Do work

Today I received a job offer (insert huge smile). I am so ecstatic and happy. I have an interview with a different location on Thursday and after that interview, I will decide between the two! I'm not saying that the 2nd location will for sure make me an offer, but I should at least know enough about the job that I will be able to make my decision as to which location I want. The job offer I just received pretty much came as a huge surprise today. It was at the location where I am currently doing my clinical. I knew the rehab director said she wanted to talk to me sometime this week about the possibility of scheduling an interview, because I had mentioned to her that I would love to put my application in there. She asked me this morning if I could talk to her at the end of the day and I said sure. I went into her office wearing my scrubs with my hair tied back and we did a quick interview and she offered the position. I was in so much shock, I about fell off my chair, but I am definitely interested in this job!

Benefits to this job:
  • I will already be oriented and know how the system works. I won't have to do any orientation or anything before my first day.
  • The people are so nice and fun to work with. I know that if I took this job, they would be so helpful and easy to work with.
  • It's so close to home. I love the 20 minute commute!
  • It pays well.
  • I can wear scrubs every single day.
  • The hours are nice. Monday thru Friday from 8-4:30 with Saturdays 1-2x/month and a day off during the week to make up for the Saturday.
  • Health insurance is inexpensive.
  • They cover the cost of liability insurance.
  • I do not have to clock in.
  • The food in the cafeteria is good and inexpensive. I eat lunch on $2-3 per day!
  • Patients are seen on a 1:1 basis. One PT to one patient for 45 minutes at a time. The patients get so much better quality of care this way.
Cons of this job:
  • I don't doctor there, so it's a whole new group of people to get to know. Although I am already getting to know them.
  • I will have to pick up a few holidays. Christmas and Thanksgiving are automatic holidays off (and Easter since it's always on a Sunday), but the other holidays are work days and the PTs rotate around as to who gets which ones.
  • It is hot at the nurse's station where we do all our paperwork. I am always roasting until somebody opens a window.

So that's that. My upcoming interview on Thursday will pretty much make my decision for me. Both locations are equal distances away from where I live. I am just so surprised that things are actually working out for me right now. I never would have guessed that I would be where I am at today and these opportunities would just be falling into my lap. I guess it's just a sign that hard work really does pay off. I have had faith the entire time that whatever is meant to be will be and it looks like it really is turning out that way. My dream of making a living by helping other people really is starting to come true. It all feels so surreal, like today has just been a dream and I am going to wake up at any minute. Wow...

I really hate to toot my own horn, but beep beep! hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment